Monday, March 5, 2007
COLORADO HOMESCHOOL NETWORK (COHSNET) is an information network for the Coloradean homeschooling community. No meetings, no commitments, just disseminated information. To share an activity, or to be added/removed from the mailing list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COHSNET also provides information to the homeschooling community through an email newsletter sent out every two weeks. If you would like to receive our newsletter through email, please subscribe at email@example.com with the subject line SUBSCRIBE.
COHSNET provides a business ad community service for FREE!! If you have a homeschool related service/business and would like to advertise to our homeschooling network, feel free to contact us via email to post on our site.
If you have curriculum that you would like to sell & advertise through our site, feel free to contact us for very affordable rates.
The opinions expressed in this network are those of the people sharing the information. Please use your discretion when choosing an activity or an event. Please do not forward this information or reprint in any form without the permission of each individual contact person or coordinator. Copyright - Colorado Homeschool Network 2007.
WANTED: Im looking for local homeschooling activities, events, classes, conference or programs that you would like to have the rest of the Coloradean homeschooling community to benefit from, to advertise here. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 4, 2007
SB 080 - Mandatory HPV Vaccine. This bill, which requires girls to receive an HPV vaccine before 6th grade, died in the Senate Appropriations Committee on Friday. The house bill on the Mandatory HPV Vaccine, HB1301 is laid over in House Health and Human Services Committee and has not been rescheduled yet.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Thanks to a new law, daylight saving time will start three weeks earlier and end one week later this year.
- the additional time period includes March 11, 2007, to April 1, 2007, and
- October 28, 2007, to November 4, 2007.
- These dates are referred to as the extended DST period.
It will begin at 2 a.m. on the Second Sunday in March and last until the first Sunday of November. And while the change is supposed to help save energy, it could wreak havoc on your computer.
Experts say computers purchased before 2005 will most likely have to be manually adjusted.
A common fix is called a patch, which will reprogram systems with the updated start and end dates for daylight savings time. Users of the new Windows Vista are immune, since
New items have been posted as of...
Home Schooling in Colorado Law - Colorado Department of Education
ARTICLES - Great Articles on Homeschooling, Teaching and Related Issues
- Planning Successful Field Trips -- Why go on field trips? They break the routine that makes the children feel secure at the day care centre and they're extra work to organize. Are they worth it? Are the children actually getting something out of them or are they created just to please the parents? Take tips from authors Barbara Kaiser and Judy Sklar Rasminsky on how to successfully plan a field trip for your kids or homeschooling group.
- Why I Homeschool by Amy Thornton Kelly -- Great article why this mom who once had a full career as a video producer in New York decided to give it up to homeschool her three children.
CLASSES ( use discretion when responding to any services posted on this site)
- Tutor in Various Subjects -- Location: Louisville, Boulder and Surrounding areas; I have experience with all ages and all subjects including Spanish. I believe that kids learn much more when they're enjoying themselves and I bring this attitude to every student I work with. Please call or e-mail to discuss fees and availability. I will travel to your location. Please contact Rebecca Mishkin directly at 914-787-0100 or by email at Mishyfish23@yahoo.com
- Math Tutor -- Location: Louisville, Boulder County and surrounding areas. Former mathematics teacher can help you with all of your math anxieties. My fees vary with location but anywhere from $25-$35/hour. I can work at my home ($25) or travel to your location. For more information, please contact me, Bonnie Bucher by phone at 303-926-0012.
- Sewing Classes -- Location: Castle Rock. Taught by Cheryl Lizotte. 4 week program. $60 fee. Cheryl teaches groups and has the capacity of teaching up to 5 kids at a time in her home studio. By the end of 4 weeks, your child will have completed an article of clothing of their choosing. Call Cheryl at 303-956-0487 to schedule individual classes.
- Spanish for children - Location: Boulder County; Hola! I have taught Spanish in Boulder Valley for eight years now...I teach through intergrative song, dance and play. Kids ages 2-10 yrs. Group or private (group setting is more conducive for learning since kids have more opportunity for play). Guaranteed fun with results. Great refs from private and public schools. I travel to your home. My fees are $60 per hour/six kids max ($10 per child). Please contact Jacqueline Forsythe at 303-819-7192 for further information.
- Tutoring - Location: Denver & Boulder areas. Contact person: Mary Hollis, M.S.E.; Do you know your child's learning style? It could make life easier for you and your child! Call for a FREE phone consultation. Tutoring also available in and around Boulder. Contact Info: 303-938-0255
- Advanced Math Tutor by Dr. Gary Leininger (Front Range Tutoring, Inc.) -- Location: Mostly Denver West of I-25 and South of Bloomfield and North of Castle Rock. Sessions are held at Public Libraries or in the Student's home. Rates are dependant upon the course and the structure of the contract. There is a discount for more than one student per family or for multiple courses. Dr. Leininger is a retiring professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Colorado with over 30 years of teaching and tutoring experience. His main emphasis is mathematics for students in 4th grade to college seniors along with Earth Science and Physics. Specialized courses are available for students interested in engineering or engineering related areas (biomedical instrumentation for example). SAT and ACT math preparation is also available. References are available. Please contact Dr. Leininger by phone at 303-907-8909 or by email at Tutoringemail@example.com.
- Celebration Ministry of Arts -- CMA is a two-fold ministry which includes our performing company, and Celebration Ministry of Arts School of Dance which offers classes in Castle Rock, Littleton, Aurora, Arvada and Ft. Collins, Colorado.
- Drum Lessons & More -- Location: Serving Northern Colorado and Southeast Wyoming, including Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland, Ft Morgan, Estes Park, Longmont, Brighton, Ft. Lupton, Frederick, Firestone, Cheyenne, and more. Drum lessons and Multi-Track Recording Studio. Discount Rates Available. Please contact Chris Hyde at 970-405-9177 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may visit their website by clicking on the link.
- Flute/Clarinet Lessons -- I teach private lessons at my home in Colorado Springs. I can possibly travel, depending on the distance, but cost will be more. My fees are $17.50/30 minute lesson or $30/hour lesson. I will also be planning master classes and an annual recital that are free of charge. I have 15 years of flute experience/10 years clarinet experience. 5 years teaching. I teach all ages! Please contact me, Jackie Ricks for further information via phone at 719-637-5158 (please no calls after 9pm) or by email at email@example.com.
- FREE Mandolin,Fiddle, Guitar and More Lessons Online -- Here at MusicMoose.org, it is our vision to provide the world with free, useful music lessons, and a communty based site to help back it all up. The lessons on musicmoose.org are posted as an online video that is accompanied by a text description and either notation or tablature.
- French Tutor -- Location: Metro Denver area. I am a recipient of a BA in French and Spanish and am looking to work with adults and children alike. Whether it be grammar, pronunciation, or just conversation at your home or local cafe, I am here to help! Centrally located in Capitol Hill; Rates start at $10/hr. Just email for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Guitar Lessons -- Location: Boulder-Longmont Area. Learning how to play guitar improves your memory, relieves stress, reinforces problem solving skills and builds strong character. Learn from a professional guitar player with 27+ years playing, performing and teaching guitar. My Students show quick results! My Rates: $35.00 1 Hour Session @ my location- Blue Moon Studio (Longmont). $50.00 1 Hour Session @ your location- (Boulder-Longmont area). Contact Brian to schedule your first guitar lesson! Phone: 720-338-2149 or Email at: email@example.com
- Guitar Lessons (Boulder Guitar Studio) -- Location: Boulder and surrounding areas; STUDY GUITAR OR BASS GUITAR WITH TOP INSTRUCTOR AT BOULDER GUITAR STUDIO. I have 12 years of full time teaching experience and studied formally for a degree in music performance and technology from UCD DENVER 1995. See www.boulderguitar.com. My fees are $25 per ½ hour, $35 per 45 min and $45 per hour. Please contact me, Lee Johnson, at 303-442-2379 or email me at Lee@boulderguitar.com or visit our site by clicking on the link.
- Italian Lessons -- Location: Boulder/Denver Area. My name is Marta Cugusi, I live in Eldorado Springs, just south of Boulder. I can either work from home or travel (Boulder/Denver area). The cost for a 1 hour private lesson is $30, 1 hour conversation for $20. Travelling is extra depending on the distance. Please contact me for any further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-482-2849.
- Mandolin Instruction -- with David Tiller (of TAARKA and ThaMuseMeant). In my home in Lyons, though possible in Boulder and Longmont. Fees are $35 an hour lesson. Please contact David Tiller for further information. email@example.com
- Math Tutoring -- Location: Colorado Springs, Fountain; Get professional help in Math. I tutor at student's home or any public place whichever is more convenient. Fees range from $20-$30 depends on distance and grade. You may contact me, Ali, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 719-287-3462
- National Driver Training -- . Locations: Parker, Aurora, Denver & Colorado Springs. Established in 1998, National Driver Training Institute is a nationally recognized non-profit drivers education organization headquartered out of Colorado Springs, Colorado. We offer a wide variety of services including local driving and written tests, behind the wheel instruction, and our award winning teen driver ed training program. We hope you enjoy browsing our website, and please let us know if we can help you meet your driving needs.
- PE Classes -- Locations: Castle Rock, Aurora, Littleton/Greenwood Village; Parker. The focus of PE+PLUS is for students to learn to enjoy and participate in sports and physical activities with a proper, godly perspective, as well as to live life in a full and Christ-like way.
- Piano Lessons (Beginning) -- Location: Greeley, LaSalle, Evans, Milliken and surroundings. Contact person: Sara Baysinger. Contact Info: 970-371-9656 or by email at email@example.com. Fees are $12/half hour. Willing to travel if you need lessons on your piano. Please contact me for further details.
- Piano Lessons (Enchantment Music Instruction, Inc.) -- Location: Centennial. Contact person: Gari Lyn Mason. Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-493-8990 or 720-810-5301. Located at: S. Steele St. Centennial (near Highlands Ranch) Arapahoe and Douglas Counties. Fees are: $80.00 per month for 1/2 hour lessons and $150.00 for 1 hour lessons. Lessons are held once a week. Most lessons are held in my home. There are some exceptions.
- Piano Teacher -- Location: Denver; Contact Person: Les Dweir. Les is a piano teacher for Dawson School Broadway Music School. You may contact him via phone at 720-309-4234 or by email at email@example.com
- Singing/Vocal Lessons (Cadenza Vocal Studio) -- Locations: Centenial & Castle Rock; Cadenza Vocal Studio offers individual, weekly lessons in voice for Beginning through Advanced students. Cadenza also invites younger students, ages 3-12, to join our Children's Chorus (Castle Rock location only). Students will learn about posture, breathing, resonance, sight-singing, ear-training, theory, musicianship, performance technique, and much, much more! A singing workshop class is also available for large groups. This could be a one-time class, or a series of classes. Call for details and rates. Contact Cadenza Vocal Studio at 303-995-9693 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested parties should contact me for rates as they vary based on type of lesson, duration of lesson, etc....
- Spanish Classes -- Location: Colorado Springs and Woodland Park area. State certified native Spanish teacher, with many years of teaching experience, is offering group and private classes. Parents if you are interested in your child learning Spanish get together with other HomeSchool parents and form a group in your area to get lower fees per student. Fees are based on the number of students per class/month: i.e. four classes for $50 with a minimum of five students. Each class meets for one hour per week at the local library in your area at a time that works best for the group. For more information and to schedule a group or private class contact: Mardella at email@example.com. Interpreter and translation services are also available.
- Spanish Tutor -- Location: Boulder County; If you would like to learn Spanish, or need assistance with the Spanish you are already learning, I would love to help. I am a straight A student and fluent in Spanish. Because I adore the language, I am especially enthusiastic when teaching others. I know lots of great Spanish songs to help people learn the basics. I am very patient and willing to work with you at whatever level and at whatever pace you are comfortable with. My name is Leela. I charge $15 an hour. I also tutot groups and have a group rate. Please contact Leela at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Swimming Lessons -- Location: Denver area (University of Denver pool); Certified Water Safety Instructor with 3 years teaching experience, teaching ages 4 and up, all levels. Also lifeguard (5 years) and emt-b certified (2 years). Private and semi-private Lessons are offered. Private: One session - $50; Three sessions - $135; Six Sessions - $255; Twelve Sessions - $480; Semi-Private Sessions; One session - $75; Three sessions - $210; Six Sessions - $405; Twelve Sessions - $740. Sessions are one hour and the hours can be broken into half hour sessions. If you have a pool, instructor will tavel within 30 minutes of Denver University. For more details please email at email@example.com.
- Tutoring Teacher -- Location: Aurora and vicinity. I am an experienced, Colorado licensed teacher who provides tutoring, enrichment, and homeschool support to students in pre-k through 6th grades. Areas of instruction include: Reading, Writing, and Math Facts. All lessons are individualized to meet your child's unique learning needs. I strive to make learning fun and authentic for my students. Private and small group instruction available. Daytime and evening hours. Outstanding local references. Please call or email me today for more information. Contact dawn Green at 303-589-6490 or email at TutorMeToo@aol.com.
- Homeschool "Uniforms" -- Give your homeschool children a sense of formality and focus by giving them a "uniform". The logo is customizeable by inserting your own family name, i.e. Smith Homeschool Academy, etc.
- Mary Kay at 50% off - I'm a homeschooling mom that uses Mary Kay and sells it just to get my discount. I need to meet my quota this month and I'd like to offer my discount of 50% in order to accomplish my goal. If you are interested in ordering product from me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado 4-H Clubs -- 4-H is America's largest out-of-school education program for boys and girls. It is a worldwide youth development program available in every state and many countries. Youth who participate in 4-H, get what all young people need to succeed in life--the confidence, compassion and connections with caring adults to make contributions to their communities.
- Girl Scouts of the USA -- Find your local council through this link and join a Girl Scouts Troop!
- Girls on the Run International -- Girls on the Run is a non-profit character development program that encourages pre-teen girls to develp self-rerspect and healthy lifestyles through running. Click on the link for more information.
CONFERENCES & EVENTS
- 8thAnnual Rocky Mountain Catholic Home Educators Conference - Teaching the Art of Living June 21-23, 2007 - Holiday Inn Denver International Airport, John Q. Hammons Convention Center, 15500 East 40th Ave., Denver, CO 80239
- Brunskwick Zone (Bowling and more) -- Location: Lone Tree. Brunskwick Zone is a family-friendly entertainment destination with something for everyone ages 3 to 93. They offer the very best in fun with bowling and billiards, plus the latest arcade games, simulators and more. This location includes laser tag. Great for school outings and field trips.
- Celestial Seasonings Tour -- Location: Boulder. Guest Tours available Monday Through Saturday with groups of 8 or more. Click the link for additional information or to make reservations.
- Crow Canyon Archeological Center -- Crow Canyon offers more than 20 programs every year for adults, teens, families, and school groups.
- Denver Botanic Gardens - Free Days -- Free days for Colorado residents are held throughout the year at both Denver Botanic Gardens and Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield. Free Days are for regular Gardens hours only and do not include ticketed events. Click link to get a list of Free Days.
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science - Free Days -- To Get a full listing of Free days, click on the link.
- Money Central Station (Online Field Trip) -- Learn how and where money is made and play a number of different games, from the Department of Treasury.
- Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum Homeschool Program -- Schedule information for free homeschool classes at this Golden, Colorado museum.
- Smiley Tours -- My trips are for Homeschool/unschool families in Colorado and are mainly based in the Colorado Springs area but there will occasionally be things scheduled in other areas as well.
- Smithsonian Educational Trips -- Experience Smithsonian Student Travel, educational travel for teachers and students. Make your next field trip with your class of eighth grade, middle or high school students full of 'wow' moments as you tour Washington, D.C., New York City or destinations beyond--our other popular destinations include Boston, Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Chicago, San Antonio, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Quebec City, Canada. Click Link for more information.
- Wings Over the Rockies - Air and Space Museum -- Location: Denver. Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum is committed to meeting the educational needs of our community by inspiring and educating the coming generations of aviators, astronauts, scientists and leaders. WINGS sponsors and/or hosts a wide range of fun, exciting and educational programs for youth of all ages throughout the year. the museum is closed for renovation from February 12th - March 12th, 2007.
- Young AmeriTowne Program -- Children take a real active role as Mayor, Judge, Accountants, Service Techincians, Police people, Newspaper editors and more and run a town. As citizens of AmeriTowne students learn what it takes to make a town function, they learn life skills and the meaning of how money works. As one parent volunteer put it, "Thi is a huge life lesson and I am astounded at everything the kids have learned!".
FINANCIAL SUPPORT NEEDED FOR HOMESCHOOLING
- Colordo Freecycles -- Find your local freecycle group by clicking to the link and start offering items you no longer need to your community or ask for items you might need and others are offering, all in the efforts to becoming a more environmental friendly world. Go check it out! Free to join!
FUN STUFF ONLINE for kids to do and learn
- BookAdventure.com -- Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 7,000 recommended titles, take multiple choice quizzes on the books they've read, and earn points and prizes for their literary successes. Book Adventure was created by and is maintained by Sylvan Learning.
- Design a Snowflake -- virtually cut out your snowflake, and see what it would look like. FREE
- Mini Books Printables -- Great printable mini books for all occassions, concepts, holidays, and more. FREE
LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS
- Agape Family Schools -- Agape is a Christian support group for home school families in Loveland and the surrounding area. Agape hosts monthly support meetings, a monthly newsletter, and offers many other activities on a consistent basis. Small groups meet for activities such as field trips, crafts, mom’s night out, teens, etc. Testing, elective classes, and a graduation ceremony are held each spring for those who are interested. An extensive library of home school supplies, books, and materials is also available.
- Aurora, Colorado, Eclectic (ACE) Homeschoolers -- An inclusive, non-directed, homeschool, support group located in Colorado with most members living in the South and East parts of metro Denver including Aurora, Bennett and surounding areas. The primary focus of this group is as a social outlet for parents and children. We plan weekly get-togethers and field trips, and our families have children ranging in age from infant through high school.
- Boulder Independent Educators --We are focused on the middle school aged student, however, we do have younger members. We are a secular group looking to expand and welcome new members. We offer socialization opportunities, field trips, homework help and support for new and veteran families.
- Castle Rock Christian HomeSchoolers (CRHS) -- The Castle Rock Christian Homeschoolers meet regularly to provide support for homeschooling families in the Castle Rock area.
- Central Denver Homeschool Group (CDHG) -- An inclusive, non-directed, homeschool support group located in Colorado with most members living in the central Denver area.
- Colorado Community for Homeschool Family Support (CCHFS) -- We are an open, inclusive group, and we encourage cooperation. We schedule social and educational activities and provide support for new and veteran families alike.
- Colorado Springs Homeschool Support Group
- Denver Homeschool Connection (DHC) We welcome all independently learning families. We offer a variety of member-sponsored activities including co-op classes, park days, field trips, sports days and parents' nights out.
- Denver Northwest Homeschool Community (DNHC) -- An eclectic and inclusive resource for Colorado homeschoolers, offering co-op, classes, group activities and parent support.
- Diocese of Colorado Springs Homeschool Community -- This group is for members of the Catholic Homeschool Community in the Diocese of Colorado Springs. It is an informational group that is designed to share notes, plans, ideas, and concerns regarding the Catholic homeschooling community. There are no fees for participating in the group.
- Family Academy of Christian Education (FACE) -- They are a private school serving home schoolers throughout Colorado and the US since 1996. Over 50 Friday classes are offered for grades pre-K through 12. We offer high school consultations, graduation, and official transcript, and many field trips and other activities. Our graduates have been accepted to colleges everywhere. High school honor society, Lettering program, NCAA, PSAT's, ACT's, SAT's. They are a standardized testing resource for self testers who use CAT or Iowa.
- Front Range Independent Educators North of Denver (FRIEND) Homeschoolers -- We are a non-directed homeschool support group located in Colorado, with most members living in the northeast parts of metro Denver including Arvada, Brighton, Broomfield, Commerce City, Erie, Henderson, Hudson and Westminster, and some as far away as Aurora, Bennett and Boulder. The primary focus of this group is as a social outlet for parents and children. We plan weekly get-togethers, field trips, and a monthly Moms' Night Out.
- High Country Home Educators High Country offers a three-part program to support your homeschooling. Based out of New Life Church, but open to all homeschoolers, we offer a support group, an umbrella school, and also enrichment classes.
- Jeffco Home School Option -- JHSO families primarily home school their students, but choose classes in areas of particular need or interest. JHSO serves students from grades 1-12, with classes in particular areas of study such as math, reading, foreign language, science, speech, and art, taught by Colorado-certified teachers.
- Littleton Support Group -- We get together for a wide variety of activities, co op classes, park days, holiday parties, camping, biking, swimming, etc
- Mile High Homeschoolers Support Group and Cooperative -- A non-profit organization established to facilitate a strong sense of community among homeschool families in the Denver Metro area. We are an inclusive group with no political or religious affiliation and we offer a co-op open to all metro-wide homeschoolers as well as a homeschool support group offering activities such as park day, volunteer opportunities, special needs support, and a sharing of homeschool resources.
- Parker Area Homeschool Coalition -- This is an inclusive, non-directed, homeschool group for families in or near Parker, Colorado, or anyone who does not mind the drive. Our focus is to offer many exciting get togethers like weekly park days, field trips, craft days, science experiments and mom's night out.
- Parker Christian Home Educators (PCHE) -- Based in Parker, Colorado 80134
- Secular Homeschool Support Group -- Serving Colorado Springs and the surrounding area
- Spiral Academy -- Dedicated to serving the needs of homeschool families who desire the benefits of private school enrollment and minimal oversight over their educational activities by local school districts.
- Springs First Home Educators -- We offer two 12-week semesters of enrichment classes each year. We usually have classes available for ages 2 through high school. For non-participants in our enrichment program, membership is $10/year and gives access to field trips and other special calendar events, newsletters, forums, classifieds, and more.
- Washington Park Home Schoolers -- A central Denver secular homeschool support group for kids and their parents.
- West Side Tweens Homeschool Support Group -- We are an open minded, eclectic and diverse group of tweens (9-15) and their siblings on non-mainstream paths. We offer friendship and support with a full weekly activity schedule.
- Mylot.com -- Get paid for having discussion with others. No gimmicks!
- 2007 CHEC/Vision Forum Father/Son Discipleship Retreat The 3rd CHEC/Vision Forum Father/Son Discipleship Retreat is coming! August 10-13, 2007 at Crooked Creek Ranch, Fraser, CO. The cost is $275/person and includes dorm-style lodging, meals, and all seminars.
- ColoradoKids.com -- Great place that includes lots of resources, links and sites on where to have fun with the kids and family. All within Colorado. A++ site.
RESOURCES - Great links to Homeschooling Resources, Laws, Associations and Online Educational Sites
- Bare Books -- Bare Books and other "Bare" educational products are some of the most unique and inspiring you'll find. Bare Books give students a creative canvas for their writing, and become a cherished keepsake for parents! Bare Game Boards, Bare Puzzles, Bare Calendars, and the rest, offer a fun twist on learning and provide the resources for a truly memorable project.
- Child Diagnostics, Inc. -- Is learning harder for your child than it should be? Experience a unique diagnostic consultation that will uncover the reason for your child's struggles. Instead of labels, find solutions for your child. Help your child feel as smart as he/she really is! Parent Training Included!
- Christian Home Educators of Colorado Find out about CHEC, who they are, what they do, and how they can serve you. They have been serving Colorado families for over 16 years and have extensive experience in helping homeschooling parents do the best possible job with their children's education.
- Colorado Department of Education - Homeschooling in Colorado Included is the Home Schooling section of the CDE Web site. Included in the section: A copy of the law associated with homeschooling, some frequently asked questions about Colorado home schooling and their answers, and a listing of some home school support groups around the state.
- Colorado Virtual Academy -- K12 Virtual Academy has textbooks materials and loaner computer.
- Colorado Virtual Academy Dedicated parents in Colorado are giving their children the academic advantage they need to succeed by enrolling them in the Colorado Virtual Academy.
- Dance Mat Typing -- TYPING - "Dance Mat" typing game
- Denver HOPE (Home Options in Education) -- At Denver HOPE we are trying to create a school atmosphere with a homeschool flavor. A service of Aurora Public Schools, HOPE is offered free to homeschool students and taught by state-certified teachers. We meet one day per week to provide activities that are more suited to group instruction and/or require more preparation than you would like to do at home. We also offer access to textbooks, which can be borrowed for your use at home for the entire school year.
- GENERATIONS with Kevin Swanson Tune in every day, anywhere in the world to CHEC's Daily Radio Broadcast with Executive Director, Kevin Swanson. Or if you live anywhere from Rocky Ford and Pueblo up to Cheyenne, Wyoming, you can tune into 670 AM KLT weekdays at 8:30 am.
- Geography Online Game PLACE THE STATES - drag and drop the states into their correct positions
- Homeschool Academy Unifrom T-shirts - I love this site and this concept. This company sells "uniformed t-shirts" for homeschoolers. Its great for kids to feel like they belong to a type of a school program by putting their t-shirts in the morning when they are doing school and taking them off when they are done with school. Also great for those parents who feel self conscious about taking thier kids out and about during school hours without people asking why are their kids not in school. They are running a special right now, buy 2 shirts and get one free. Check them out!
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) Home School Legal Defense Association is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms. Through annual memberships, HSLDA is tens of thousands of families united in service together, providing a strong voice when and where needed.
- Homeschoolestore.com -- AUDIO BOOK SALE - downloads at 25% and 50% off during February
- Math Online Game -- Stop the bad guy by using your (upper elementary) math skills.
- National Vaccine Information Center -- The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to preventing vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defending the right to informed consent to vaccination.
- Rocky Mountain Education Connection (RMEC) -- The best homeschooling information from the friendliest folks in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine -- The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine is for homeschooling families everywhere. Our magazine is like a convention in a journal! It doesn't stereotype homeschooling families or even homeschooling itself. Whether you have one child or ten, whether you are just at the beginning of your journey or are nearing the finish line, you'll find something in our magazine that encourages you! Subscribe TODAY and receive 19 FREE learning gifts - postage paid!